FPANZ welcomes new members to our Association
To become a member, please review all of the following requirements before completing the membership application pack at the bottom of this page.
All companies, or individuals wishing to join FPANZ are required to join as a for a minimum of 12 months.
This provisional period is required to be completed before being reviewed for full membership status. FPA New Zealand offers a diverse range of benefits that add real value for our members. The Association is committed to advocating the importance of fire protection to policy makers while professionally representing the industry to the wider community.
There are five levels of FPANZ membership available
They are based on the number of employees of a company. These teirs are; Platinum (by application to the board only) Gold (15+ staff), Silver (up to 14 staff), Bronze (up to 4 staff) and Personal (A single person)
All Provisional members and their staff agree to be bound by the FPANZ Code of Ethical Conduct and by the FPANZ Complaints and Disciplinary procedure.
Certified Service Providers
In addition to our standard membership tier listings, some service providers go through a more rigorous process to become, and remain "Certified Service Providers". Certified service providers have to supply detailed information on their company, staff, qualifications, ongoing training, quality systems, health and safety and additional levels of insurance, and they are regularly audited against the various criteria appropriate to the type of certification achieved.
Our Membership Process
All companies, organisations and individuals wishing to become a member of FPANZ are required to apply as a provisional member for a minimum of 12 months. This provisional period is required to be completed before being considered for the appropriate membership tier level based on staff numbers and services that are provided.
Requirements for provisional application:
- A provisional membership fee (equal to the applicable membership tier’s annual fee) will be payable on acceptance of provisional membership application
- A Code of Ethical Conduct Declaration
- A letter/certificate of confirmation from your insurers to state that the company has an appropriate level of Professional Indemnity insurance for their needs and a minimum Public Liability of $2 million
- An introductory interview meeting via phone or Zoom with CEO and at least one Board member
- A completed declaration of endorsement by three current FPANZ members who have been full members of FPANZ for a minimum of 2 consecutive full financial years
- A completed form from two referees who are clients of the applicant Provisional conditions – all applications to go through a 12-month provisional period
- Provisional period to last for 12 months from date of application and may be extended at the discretion of the Board
- Provisional Members are not eligible to vote or hold office
- A follow up interview meeting via phone or Zoom with CEO and at least one board member at the end of the provisional period
- Full membership can be refused at the discretion of the Board at the conclusion of the provisional period